Air Force Basic Military Training Packing List
This is the list that was posted in the Facebook August BMT shipping group:
- Twenty copies of orders/Enlistment Contract (Reserves/ANG item)
- Unit Personnel Records (Reserves/ANG item)
- Social Security Card
- Driver’s License/ID/Military ID (Military ID is for Reserves/ANG, AD are issued theirs at BMT)
- Birth Certificate
- High School Diploma
- College Transcripts
- Marriage License
- Glasses Prescription/Contact Lenses Prescription
- Medical Prescriptions (To include Birth Control)
- Dependents’ Birth Records
- JROTC/ROTC Certificates
- Civil Air Patrol Certificates
- Naturalization Papers
- Alien Card
- 3 Days of Civilian Clothing (Ex: 1 pair of jeans, 3 T-Shirts, 3 pairs of socks, 3 pairs of underwear for men, since you are issued yours.)*
- 6 pairs of underwear (Females)*
- 6 Sports Bras (Females)*
- 3 pairs of compression shorts/spandex (Black)
- 1 “Regular” Bra in nude or white for Blues (Females)
- Shower Shoes (Plain black (if you can find them) flip flops from Wal-Mart, Target, or Old Navy will suffice)
- Running Shoes (Wear these down there, your MTI may let you keep them)
- Cell phone and charger
- Body Wash**
- Shaving Cream (Males)**
- Toothbrush (full size)***
- Toothbrush holder
- Tampons/Pads for one cycle (Females)
- Hairspray (Females)**
- Hair Ties/Bobby Pins/Conair Bunmaker(Females; this MUST match your hair color)
*Keep these in neutral colors, just in case (Black, White, Gray, and Nude)
**If you’re flying there, these items MUST be 3 oz or less! Buy them in a clear/white color if possible. Aerosol products are also a no-no.
***Non-electric! These MUST be regular, disposable type products.
Here is everything I will be bringing with me to BMT.
- Timex Ironman Sports Watch
- Shower Shoes (Target)
- Panty Liners (individually packaged)
- Schick Intuition Razor & Refill*
- Emery Boards
- Face Wipes**
- Square(ish) Tooth Brush Holder
- Toothpaste (travel sized)
- Finger & Toenail Clippers
- Hair Gel & Hair Spray (travel sized until I can purchase something else from the mini mall)
- Travel Sized Bottles for Shampoo/Conditioner and Pictured Leave-In Cream***
- Brush & Comb (will probably swap the comb out for a regular black one)
- Bobby Pins, Clips, & Hair Ties (all in my hair color)
- Running Shoes (Asics GT-1000 2)
- Underwear, 6 Pairs (Victoria’s Secret bikini style)
- Compression Shorts (Under Armour & 2 Reebok)
- Sports Bras, 6 Pairs (Champion & Xersion, 3 of each)
- Duffel Bag, Small
* Saw Aim High Erin mentioned the Venus razor with the shaving cream built into the razor heads. I figured that might save on time and space in the locker by not having to store shaving cream as well. I’ve never used this kind of razor so we shall see how well it works, especially when it comes to cleanliness for inspection.
** An admin on the Facebook BMT group I’m on mentioned getting this since some MTIs might not allow you to have face wash.
*** I read somewhere that they make you throw away empty, unmarked bottles… But I haven’t confirmed that information yet. And not positive I’ll be able to keep the leave-in hair cream. I hope so because I hear your hair gets really damaged while in basic. I still need to pick up a travel sized bottle of body wash (liquid).
Since I have had Nexplanon inserted, I haven’t really had a period but I figure better be safe and take some panty liners anyway. And I like the idea of them being individually wrapped so I can shove a few into a pocket and go about my day. I just won’t bother with packing tampons.
I found the unmarked shower shoes at Target for around $2. The square-ish toothbrush holder I found at CVS.
I have three pairs of compression shorts but only two pictured because I had to order a second pair from Dick’s and have them shipped to my house since they didn’t have a second pair and they had a sale for Reebok at buy one get one half off.
My duffel bag isn’t black but it’s plain and dark green so I figure it’ll be fine. Not too concerned about the color.
I will also have my glasses/case, cell phone/charger, and three pairs of socks and shirts packed. I plan on wearing jeans and the running shoes from MEPS to BMT. I might be leaving something out…